A model-actress, identified as Jane Doe #1, resumed her account of a 2013 encounter with Harvey Weinstein, telling jurors that she “wanted to die” as he sexually assaulted her in her hotel room bathroom.
“It was disgusting. It was humiliating, miserable. I didn’t fight,” Jane Doe # 1 said. “I remember how he was looking in the mirror and he was telling me to look at him. I wish this never happened to me.”
She testified for the second day in the Los Angeles trial of Weinstein, 70. He has pleaded not guilty on eleven sexual assault charges that involve claims of five women between 2004 and 2013. His attorney claimed in his opening statement that the sexual encounters were consensual and even “transactional,” and that claims were fabricated.
In her testimony, Jane Doe #1 said that she was “panicking with fear” as Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him, but that she did not fight or hit him. “I don’t know. I regret this a lot,” she said, as prosecutor Paul Thompson asked her why she didn’t do so.
“I didn’t have even one thought to run or scream,” she said. “I didn’t know how loud I was. I think enough loud that people could hear me from another room…but I didn’t scream help. I can do more.”
Jane Doe #1 had traveled from Rome to take part in the Los Angeles Italia Film Festival, where she saw Weinstein and said that she spoke to him briefly in the VIP room. She testified on Monday that, after a festival event, Weinstein tracked down her hotel and then demanded to be let into her room. Her testimony was ended when she broke down in tears as she described how Weinstein forced her head on his genitals.
On Tuesday, she apologized “for my breakdown yesterday,” adding that she “can’t control it.”
With English as her second language, she testified that she initially feared that Weinstein “misunderstood ” her when, shortly after entering hotel room, he began talking about a massage.
She said that after their conversation, “his face changed. His eyes changed. His behavior changed.”
She said that she was afraid of him physically, noting that she had been in “bad situations where men beat me.”
She said that there was a considerable size difference between her and Weinstein, and that he was up to 150 pounds heavier than her.
“He was expecting that I’m doing what he’s saying and he qas … moving me through the bedroom like I’m an object.” She said that Weinstein didn’t scream or turn violent, but forced her mouth toward his penis. He struggled to get an erection, she said, holding her by her hair, and she did what he demanded.
He then walked her to the bathroom, she said, and pulled her in front of the sink while be was masturbating. “He put his fingers inside me…my private part,” she said.
“He hold me and he try to get inside of me with his penis but I was moving,” she said. “I was crying. I say stop. I say no.”
She described how she was struggling against him so he couldn’t get inside of her.
“I remember how he was looking in the mirror and he was telling me to look at him. I wish this never happened to me,” she said. Weinstein, she said, told her, “C’mon little girl. Tell me you like it. You like it.”
She said that the assault ended when Weinstein masturbated and ejaculated.
She said that she doesn’t know how long she was in the bathroom but described it as “long.” She then put her bathrobe back on, she said, and Weinstein “was acting like nothing happened. He was giving me compliments and then said that it was better” that she not talk to anyone about it.
“My understanding was that he’s somebody powerful so it’s better I not talk,” she said.
A jury of nine men and three women is hearing the Los Angeles case, following about two weeks of jury selection. The trial is expected to last until late November.
Weinstein was convicted in 2020 on charges of rape and criminal sexual acts, and he was sentenced to 23 years in prison. He was granted an appeal by New York’s highest court in August, raising the chance that his conviction in that state will be overturned.
Weinstein, who had been transferred to Los Angeles county jail to await the second trial, faces a maximum sentence of more than 100 years in prison if convicted of the additional charges. The grand jury charges are for four counts of rape, four counts of forcible oral copulation, one count of sexual penetration by use of force, plus one count of sexual battery by restraint and sexual battery.
The judge in the case, Lisa Lench, ruled later on Tuesday that prosecutors could introduce another witness, identified as “Rowena C.,” who settled a sexual harassment related lawsuit in 1998. Prosecutors also have indicated that four accusers would testify, rather than five in the original complaint.
Netflix & Paramount+ To Profile ‘Strip Search Caller’ ; TVOKids Spotlights Down Syndrome With Toon Series; ‘One Piece Film Red’ London Takeover — Global Briefs
Netflix & Paramount+ UK To Profile ‘Strip Search Caller’
Netflix and Paramount+ have struck a first of its kind-of-deal over a true crime documentary telling the story of the strip search caller in the U.S. Paramount+ has taken UK rights to Pervert: The Hunt for the Strip Search Caller and Netflix has rest of world on the doc, which it will be calling Don’t Pick Up the Phone. The deal is believed to be the first time two streamers have worked in such a way in the UK and rest of world. The doc tells the shocking story of a hoax caller who targeted fast food restaurants across the U.S. – posing as a police officer investigating a theft, the caller instructed managers to strip-search the young female employees he said were suspects. For many victims, what began as a humiliating strip search escalated into sexual abuse.
Canada’s TVOKids Spotlights Down Syndrome In Animated Series ‘Griffin And Turner’
EXCLUSIVE: Ontario, Canada’s TVOkids and Big Jump Entertainment are working on 2D-animated series Griffin and Turner. Based on real Canadian brothers who a significant online following, the show follows the supportive pair as they, their friends and family undertake personal challenges but focus on the journey rather than winning. Turner has Down syndrome, and TVOKids executive producer Kirsten Hurd noted the series has been developed in consultation with the Down syndrome community. Producer Big Jump is behind shows such as Shutterbug and Big Words, Small Stories.
London Gets ‘One Piece Film Red’ Takeover After Record Haul
To celebrate the record-breaking haul of One Piece Film Red in the UK, the Straw Hat Pirates are set for a takeover of iconic London locations on November 26. Via local distributor Anime Limited and Toei Animation, the cast and memorable scenes from the series will be projected onto the County Hall of London, opposite the London Eye as well as other key locations. One Piece Film: Red has grossed over £800,000 in the UK and Ireland since it released earlier this month, making it the biggest of the long-running franchise. A phenomenon in Japan, One Piece Film Red has grossed $162M to date worldwide
‘All Quiet On The Western Front’, ‘Belfast’ Top 2022 EFA Arts & Crafts Awards
Edward Berger’s All Quiet On The Western Front and Kenneth Branagh’s Belfast top the European Film Academy’s Excellence Awards honoring achievement in the arts and crafts categories, the winners of which were announced on Wednesday.
Belfast won best European Production Design for Jim Clay, whose credits include Children Of Men, for which he won a Bafta in 2006, and Murder On The Orient Express.
The drama, set against the backdrop of the beginnings of “The Troubles” in Northern Ireland in 1969, also won best European Costume Design for Charlotte Walter (Blithe Spirit, Misbehaviour)
Netflix-backed German WWI drama All Quiet On The Western Front won best European Make-up & Hair for Heike Merker, and Best European Special Effects for Frank Petzold, Viktor Müller and Markus Frank.
In other categories, best European Cinematography was won by Kate McCullough for her work on Colm Bairéad’s Irish-language drama The Quiet Girl.
Best European Editing went to Özcan Vardar and Eytan İpeker for Turkish director Emin Alper’s drama Burning Days.
Polish composer Paweł Mykietyn won best European Original Score went for Jerzy Skolimowski’s EO.
Best European Sound went to Simone Paolo Olivero, Paolo Benvenuti, Benni Atria, Marco Saitta, Ansgar Frerich & Florian Holzner for Michelangelo Frammartino’s cave exploration drama The Hole.
The winners, which are decided by a special expert jury, will receive their awards at the European Film Awards ceremony on 10 December in Reykjavík.
Jennifer Lopez’s Social Media Mysteriously Goes Dark
EXCLUSIVE: The actress, producer and top-selling performing artist’s social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok and Twitter have suddenly gone dark in their featured/cover images.
Reps for Jennifer Lopez were unavailable for comment, but we hear from others that The Hustlers and Marry Me actress is on the verge of announcing a new project.
Here’s a look at her Instagram tonight:
While Lopez’s Instagram had erased all posts, a trail of her previous postings remained on Facebook, Tik Tok and Twitter. Across all four social media portals, Lopez counts close to 347M followers, the majority of that coming from her Instagram.
Lopez’s Nuyorican Productions in June 2021 signed a multi-year first-look deal with Netflix spanning feature films, TV series and unscripted content, with an emphasis on projects that support diverse female actors, writers and filmmakers. Lopez co-runs Nuyorican Productions with her producing partner Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas.
Lopez scored her best opening for a live-action movie at the domestic box office with STX’s 2019 stripper caper Hustlers which debuted to $33.1 million, and grossed $105M stateside, $157.6M worldwide. As a recording artist, Lopez has sold over 70 million albums, with J.Lo became her bestselling album with 3.8M copies sold in the U.S. and 12M global. Her Netflix thriller The Mother from director Niki Caro is set to debut in May. Her romantic comedy Shotgun Wedding with Josh Duhamel will hit Prime Video on Jan. 27.
On Facebook, one of her followers, Steffany Merino wrote, “What’s happened? Hope you and your wonderful family are ok. I’ll pray for your health and safety.”
Again, we hear something special is in the works in the next few days.
Fifa World Cup 2022: In the life-or-death match against Mexico, Messi needs to score himself and give teammates chances – Batistuta
Fifa World Cup: The King of Saudi Arabia gave a Rolls Royce car to every football player
England vs USA Dream11 Team Prediction: Check Probable Starting XIs For FIFA World Cup 2022
Hamstring injury expected to keep San Francisco 49ers, RB Elijah Mitchell, out of the preseason
LA Galaxy past Chivas 2-0 in a first soccer match at SoFi Stadium
Anett Kontaveit shares thoughts on beating Anastasia Potapova for Hamburg final spot
Movies1 week ago
‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ Cast & Crew On Battling Through Grief Over Chadwick Boseman’s Death – Contenders L.A.
Movies1 week ago
Ben Affleck And Matt Damon Launch Production Company With RedBird Capital’s Gerry Cardinale
Movies1 week ago
Park Chan-wook On How A Language Barrier Became “Central Element” Of His Film – Contenders L.A.
Movies1 week ago
“Careers Wain”: Gary Oldman Says He’ll Be Ready To Retire From Acting After End Of ‘Slow Horses’
Movies1 week ago
‘EO’ Filmmakers On Why A Donkey Is Their Star: Not “Oh, Another Film About Cats” – Contenders L.A.
Movies1 week ago
Jason David Frank Dies: ‘Mighty Morphin Power Rangers’ Star Was 49
Entertainment News1 week ago
‘Bones And All’ With Timothée Chalamet Draws Women, Younger Demos In Limited Opening – Specialty Box Office
Sports News4 days ago
Fifa World Cup 2022:To save Messi, Argentina should play with a pair of strikers, Batistuta said